Insurance for Outfitters and Guides
If your office is The Great Outdoors, the John Bailey Company can help support your business by delivering insurance options as unique as your passion for helping others explore the American landscape.
Since 2005, we have specialized in offering comprehensive insurance coverage for entrepreneurs working as outfitters and guides and currently insure outdoor and recreation companies in 20+ states.
As a family-owned business that crafts insurance solutions for niche service providers, the John Bailey Company can help walk you through the process of designing the right insurance coverage for you.
Outfitter and Guide Services We Insure:
• Hunting (Big game, waterfowl and upland birds)
• Fly fishing guides
• Hiking and backpacking
• Paddle boarding
• Canoeing and kayaking tours
• Horseback riding
• Mountain biking
• River tubing
• Photography and wildlife tours
• Rock climbing (indoor and outdoor)
• Adventure and rope course facilities
Our process is simple. Here is how we work.
First, we discuss your business and craft a risk management solution tailored to support your needs.
The following includes a few of the standard questions we typically ask during your initial consultation:
• How long have you been in business?
• Do you have a liability waiver, or do you require a client to complete a physical fitness and overall health form?
• Do you hire sub-contractors?
• Discuss your guides’ experience and what first aid, or other qualifications they may have.
• What is your guide-to-guest ratio?
• Do you operate drop camps?
• Do you wear safety harnesses in tree stands?
• If you use boats, are guests and guides required to use life jackets?
• Do your guides carry communication devices with them?
• Have you filed insurance claims in the past? If so, what risk management processes have you put in place to avoid injury?
After learning more about your insurance needs, we shop the insurance companies for you and then present a menu of recommended plans for your review.
Once you pick the coverage options that align with your risk appetite, our team can deliver a certificate of insurance to you quickly to ensure your business is protected.
Standard Insurance Options Available:
• General liability including umbrella/excess limits up to $5 million limits
• Property coverage for buildings and contents, as well as business income
• Inland marine, equipment you use in your business
Special Coverages Offered:
1. Coverage for watercraft
2. Coverage for hunting dogs in the insured’s care, custody or company
3. No tree stand exclusions
4. We can cover sub-contractor guides as additional insureds
5. Additional insured coverage is available for land leased, forest landowners and national parks
Schedule a Free Consultation
Protect your outfitter or guide business with tailored strategies from one of the most experienced outdoor insurance agencies. Call 865.524.0785 today to request an estimate. Or, fill out our online form and an insurance professional will contact you to discuss your policy needs.